Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflexology and digestive issues

Do you find that your intestinal track is not functioning the way you think it should be?

At the age of 16 I would never have thought I would be writing about the function of intestinal tracks.  Interestingly that is why and when my Reflexology journey began.

My parents were going over to a neighbors house one night and my dad asked me if I wanted to go and have a treatment by a Reflexologist.  First, I didn't know what that was, and second I had homework to get done.  He assured me that I would get to go first because I would be the only child, all the others were adults.  So I said sure.

As I sat there with my feet in the hands of a large man, the adults all over at the dinning room table... he said, with a big deep loud voice to the very modest 16 year old me... "So...  I see you have a problem with constipation"...   If I could have melted in the chair I would have, I was so embarrassed.  But then I thought to myself; 'How on earth did HE KNOW THAT by just working on my feet????'

That was an issue I had dealt with for years.  It was something that was mentioned to Drs. from time to time as I would have MAYBE 2 movements a WEEK!!  And the Drs. would say, 'Oh that's okay'.  Looking back I don't think they believed me.  Now as a Holistic Health Practitioner, I KNOW it is NOT okay!  Two movements should be minimum per DAY!

So to finish my story about my first Reflexology treatment....  after I recovered from being so embarrassed, I got done with my appointment, I got my shoes on and excused myself as that was the agreement because I had homework, but even more than that, I was in need of a bathroom because he had done something that moved things along.  Our house was only a half a block away and it was a good thing it wasn't further, I barely got in the house to the facilities... if you know what I mean.  HOW did he do that?  How did he know by just touching my feet?

That very night was what gave me the drive to start studying  Reflexology.

Intestinal issues are huge.  If we don't eliminate our waste properly, toxins can enter our system and cause all kinds of issues in our bodies.

If you are dealing with movement issues or other intestinal issues I can help you via Reflexology or with a Holistic Health Consultation (via phone or skype - location is not an issue).  Schedule your Reflexology appointment or Holistic Health Appointment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment