Saturday, March 2, 2013

My 49 Day Juice Fast - end of day 21

Today is the end of my 21st day /3 week mark.  All is good and I really enjoy the juice.  I have my special 'Green' juice that I drink in the a.m. It is started with my base of homemade Kombucha, with added Ambrotose, and NutriVerus (Mannatech Products) spirulina, gogi berries, Cacao powder, Chia seeds, Hemp Hearts, my frozen berries, and a few other things.  I really enjoy this drink.  I drink 30 oz of water first off in the morning and throughout the day. 

In the second half of the day I will juice kale, bok choy, bell peppers, carrots, celery, cucumbers, more kale, cilantro, parsley, collard greens, chard, etc.  LOTS of greens.  I also usually add an apple and a lemon.  I have tried to put beets in it and really have a hard time with it.  I have decided that the beet capsules that my friend Kelly gave me will be enough.  So I have about 10 beet capsules a day.

I have loads of energy and also had a colonic this week.  First one I have ever done.  I had it done in Silverton, OR at Natural Health Center by Karen McKenzie a certified Natural Health Professional.  Tell her I sent you.  Good things that needed to be were flushed. 

I am gathering raw food recipes for when I am done with juicing so that I can continue raw for a few more months.  I am thinking that I will tackle 3 months at a time.  So when I am done with this juice fast of 7 weeks I will be just 6 weeks from 3 months.

My goal is to continue to get healthier and healthier.  And also help others go gain better health.  I have been eating better for many years now, and with my classes with Institute for Integrative Nutrition I have been learning many different methods and the reasons behind each.  Everyone is bio-individual so learning and trying different pieces of different methods is interesting and fun to see responses of my body.

This 49 day juice fast is actually not bad as one might think.  Although I have made a couple of juices that have not been good at all.   I drank them anyway.  There are loads of veggies in each one and I can't even think to lose those because they don't taste so good.

If you would like to take a walk to a healthier you, schedule your first FREE Holistic Health consultation. 

Look for my post on week 4 next Saturday!  I will be over halfway on my 49 day juice fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment